When I decided to play hooky for a week last year, I really had no idea that the week would turn into almost a full 12 months... whoops. What have we been up to in the meantime?
- We lived at a YMCA camp for the summer and had the time of our lives.
- Lincoln grew a year older and had a ridiculously fun 1st birthday party.
- We've done lots of little projects around our farmhouse - especially my talented husband who has a way with Annie Sloan chalk paint!
- Linc and I have been nannying 4 days a week for a sweet little baby girl.
- I've started working toward getting my Michigan teaching license and library certificate in order - I miss being part of a school!
- Of course, we've been reading lots and lots and lots of books. Life is good!
But I also realized over the past few months that I really missed blogging. At first, the break felt great. No pressure to whip up a review as soon as the last page had turned, and there was a lot more free time when I wasn't trying to keep up with 100 other book bloggers. But... I missed the community, the camaraderie, and all of the discussions about the best new books.
In the meantime, I accidentally let my domain name expire. Double whoops... I was able to buy it back after a tense domain name auction, but it's not officially "mine" again for another few days. Although clearly, I'm using it right now. Have any of you ever experienced this? Is there any chance that Book Love could just disappear??
Looooong story short, Book Love is back. Thank you so much for your sweet and thoughtful comments while I was away. You true book lovers are the whole reason I missed this world!